This is our standard dual light bar kit that can now be powered by many of the newer 5V x 2.1 Amp or 3 Amp capable power banks that have smart charging chips which include newer power tool batteries with a USB Type-A ports.. This kit includes two rugged 20 inch light bars housed in an aluminum housing, ten mounting straps, and a heavy duty 10 foot USB power cord with an integrated rotary dimmer. Most older power banks will not work so make sure your power bank is a newer one that has a smart charging controller chip and we suggest at least a 20,000 mAh capacity to get a weekend of use.
• Two 30 LED light bars, each at nearly 20 inches long packed in a rugged aluminum case which you can attach to your support bars with convenient hook and loop straps.
• Warm White light (3000-3300k) with a total output of 1100 lumens (550 lumens per light bar). 550 lumens is about as bright as a 50W bulb but because its LED, it has a more focused and directed light output.
• Rotary dimmer switch with OFF position so you are able to adjust the light ouput perfectly for what you need.
• 10 foot long power cord constructed with 24 AWG wires and has an extra outer jacket for protection against tough use and wear and has a standard USB connector to hook up to your battery power bank. YOUR BATTERY POWER BANK MUST HAVE A USB TYPE-A SOCKET WITH AN OUTPUT RATING OF EITHER 2.1A OR 3A OUTPUT TO USE WITH THIS LIGHT KIT. It is normal for the USB connector (and sometimes your battery) to become slightly warm during operation. It is also normal for some power bank USB output circuit designs to cause a slight buzz in the USB power plug. It is also normal for some power bank USB output circuit designs to cause a slight buzz in the USB power plug.
• Ten 8-inch long hook and loop straps. Use to fasten your light bar and power cord to your ice shanty support bars so they are out of the way
Low current draw of around 300mA per light bar.
NOTE: You can connect up to 2 light bars with this USB power cord and it is normal for the USB connector (and sometimes your battery) to become slightly warm during operation. It is also normal for the USB power plug to have a slight buzz to it depending on the battery USB's output circuit design. Some power banks are absolutely quiet while others are not.
WARNING: This light bar kit MUST be powered by a battery bank that is equipped with a smart charging controller chip typically found in recently made, higher end power banks. Newer power tool batteries that have USB ports will usually also work. Older power banks without the smart charging controller chip will not work and will cause flickering, or will turn off and not work due to their internal fuse. DO NOT EXCEED 2 LIGHT BARS WHEN POWERING BY USB. Exceeding 2 light bars connected in series will overload the current carrying capacity of the USB power converter circuit and may result in injury to you or damage to your equipment. It is normal for the USB connector (and sometimes your battery) to become slightly warm during operation, and for some slight buzzing at the USB power plug which is caused by the battery's USB output circuit design.
top of page
bottom of page