Introducing the HAWG Outdoor patent pending universal spring loaded rear release for mid to large size in-line trolling planer boards. Field tested and proven on Lake Erie. Only sold in packs of 2.
These clamps are much, much easier than traditional line clamps to operate. To operate just pinch the spring loaded lever down to quickly load or to automatically release your line. Now you don’t ever have to worry about losing your boards again because of weak line clamps or rough seas. We use a large stainless steel sleeve over the retaining pin so you can use this release with all your fishing line types including superbraid. All stainless hardware combined with super tough engineered acetal plastic that can be used in all weather conditions and is drop, gas and oil resistant. Install onto the rear of your planer boards with the two stainless steel screws.
TIP - Our clamps do not pinch the line but instead lets the line slide through the clamp so we suggest that you use a bead in front of your swivel in case the front clamp releases and the board slides back, the bead will prevent the board from sliding past your swivel.
When you add to the cart, one order equals 2 releases. So as an example if you order a quantity of two, 4 releases will be shipped.
• Convert any mid to large size in-line planer board to a spring loaded rear line release.
• One handed operation to automatically release your line.
• Spring loaded release lever - just a simple pinch to move the lever to the load or release position.
• Stainless steel line retaining pin for use with any line type including your superbraid lines.
• All stainless hardware (screws and spring) with super tough acetal plastic.